Dr. Vijayveer Pamar
Dr. Vijayveer S. Pamar, M.D.
Dr. Vijayveer Pamar is a Board-Certified Endocrinologist with an expertise in several areas, including Type 2 diabetes mellitus, diseases of the thyroid and pituitary glands. After graduating with Honors and receiving his degree in Medicine & Surgery from Dibrugarh University in Assam in 1993, he completed his Residency in Internal Medicine at Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center in Johnstown, PA in 2001. In 2003 He completed his Fellowship in Endocrinology & Metabolism at The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
In June 2008, he joined the Diabetes & Glandular Disease Clinic in San Antonio, as seventh partner. He is an active member of several professional groups, including the Endocrine Society and the American College of Physicians. Dr. Pamar is certified to do neck/thyroid ultrasound examinations, plus perform thyroid biopsy on patients with conditions of the thyroid gland.
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas – Fellow in Division of Endocrinology & Metabolism, 2001-2003
- Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center, Temple University Program, Johnstown, PA – Residency, Dept of Internal Medicine, 1997-2000 Chief Resident/Junior Faculty, Dept of Internal Medicine, 2,000-2001
- Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh, Assam, India – Bachelors of Medicine & Surgery 1987-1993
- Texas Medical License – active since 2008
- American Board of Internal Medicine 2000, 2010
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Diplomate in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism 2003, 2013
- Endocrine Certification in Neck Ultrasound
- Thyroid Ultrasound and FNA Biopsy Accreditation
- Chief Resident Award – Internal Medicine Residency
- Leadership Award – Internal Medicine Residency
- Member Advisory Board for Glaxo-Smith-Kline for Avandaryl
- Relevance Reviewer of Endocrinology Board Questions for American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM)
- Teaching Faculty for Medical Students of University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, preparing for United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE)
- Bridges To Excellence Physicians Office Systems Recognition Program Award
- Bridges To Excellence Diabetes Care Recognition Program Award
- 2008 to present – Diabetes and Glandular Disease Clinic, P.A. 5107 Medical Drive, San Antonio, Texas 78229
- 2007 to 2008 – Carolina Health Associates, Private Practice. 408 N. Duncan, Union, SC 29379
- 2003 to 2006 – Piedmont Medical Associates, Private Practice. 408 N. Duncan, Union, SC 29379
- Director of Diabetes Program of Wallace Thomson Hospital, Union SC
- Institutional Review Board Committee, Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center (1999-2000)
- Graduate Medical Education Committee, Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center (2000-2001)
- Internal Medicine Residency Committee, Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center (2000-2001)
- Transitional Residency Committee Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center (2000-2001)
- American College of Physicians – 2003
- The Endocrine Society – 2002
- American Diabetes Association – 1999
- Thyroid Ultrasound and FNA Biopsy Accreditation in Scottsdale, AZ 2000.