Diabetes and Glandular Disease Clinic, PA responds to concerns about COVID-19 / Coronavirus
DGD continues to monitor the updates from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) of COVID-19. We have established protocols for staff, nurses, and physicians to follow for a variety of infectious diseases, such as influenza (flu) and related viruses like the COVID-19. These protocols ensure that our response is consistent with the standards of the CDC and local and state health departments.
In accordance with CDC preventive measures for all viruses, DGD doctors recommend the following preventive actions:
- Wash your hands often
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Avoid contact with sick individuals
- Stay home if you are sick
- Call your doctor if your illness includes fever, cough, and difficulty breathing.
- Check the CDC’s Traveler’s Health Notices for the latest travel guidance.
- Check for symptoms of acute respiratory illness before starting travel.
Bexar County Local Health Department:
San Antonio Metropolitan Health District COVID-19 Hotline:
Non-Bexar County Residents (Locate your counties health department):